Water is the Most Precious Resource. Preserve It. Do Not Waste it.
- January 9, 2018
- Posted by: Admin
- Category: Plastic Water Storage Tank
Water is essential and we cannot imagine a single day without its use. We use water every day to stay alive including multiple other uses. Pure water provides good health and keeps our body disease free. According to a research, it has been identified that the origin of water is older than the sun approximately 4.6 billion years old. Therefore, we should not waste water and conserve it. We take water supply for granted and misuse in many ways. By saving water, we also save energy used for pumping and treating the same. We celebrate March 22 as the World Water Day every year but forget that it is scarce. Lets us make a resolution in this new year that we will save water as much as we can.
Let us pick a few things to start with and try to do more with time.
- Take shorter showers instead of a bath as the latter saves five times more water than the former.
- Strictly turn off the tap water while brushing, shaving or washing up when not in use. Regularly check for the leakage of taps. A leaking tap can waste up 120 litres of water every day.
- Do not flush the toiled unnecessary. Dispose of cigarettes, tissues or other waste in the dustbin rather than the toilet.
- Store drinking water in the refrigerator so that you don’t have to open the tap everytime you want to drink cool water. The same theory applies to cooking water as well.
- When doing the dishes, fill up the sink with soapy water to save unnecessary wastage of water running down without any use.
- Washing machines should be fully loaded for optimum water conservation while washing clothes. Use your washing machine in an Eco-friendly way.
- Use recycled papers instead of printed ones as it saves 20000 litres of water.
- Make a provision to collect rainwater by installing best quality water storage tanks. Rainwater collection can be used for both domestic and commercial purposes. This practice not only saves water but also avoids an overloading of drainage systems during flooding.
- Use less water while washing your car.
- Water the garden economically. Make use of drain water for watering plants instead of throwing it away. Instead of watering, soak it deeply.
Water conservation should come naturally after knowing its importance. It can be taught or forced to someone. Take this step now which can make a big difference in saving our mother nature.